Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Brother's in the House


My brother Les arrived yesterday and had dinner with my group last night before everyone left. I was glad that he was able to meet the people I've been working with for the past 2 weeks.

Today we woke up and went for a walk alone the waterfront here in Lima. There are several parks along the path, one of which is called "Love Park." There is a big statue of 2 people kissing and the benches are colorfully decorated with love sayings and quotes in Spanish. The park overlooks the ocean and is quite beautiful.
We then walked to a huge, modern outdoor mall that also overlooks the water. The mall (and a lot of Lima) is very Americanized. They have some upscale shops, a Starbucks (of course I had to have a latte) and a Hooters! .For lunch, we had ceviche (a really good Peruvian dish of raw fish cooked by the citrus of lime juice) in a restaurant overlooking the water.

Early Monday morning we are flying to Cuzco to start the next part of our adventure. We will be spending 8 days traveling around the central and southern parts of Peru.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Glad Les is there. Tell him hola for me! Hope you're feeling better with your altitude sickness!
peace, d.

Joanne said...

How great that Les was able to meet your group. Have fun you two!! Can't wait to see all your pics and hear all your stories when you get back. We miss you!
love Aunt Joanne

Anonymous said...

Where are you??? I haven't heard from in 4 days!